Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Calendar Recommendations?

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 2 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

It seems this is one area that I am still struggling with as I transition the site from DNN to WP. Do you recommend any calendars? Most seems tentatively useful and many do not even have reoccurring events as an options, need alone being able to modify a single reoccurring event w/o breaking the entire series. Any suggestions? Do yo know what other churches are using through WP?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Some use Google Calendar as their calendar and then either embed, or use one of the plugins around.

Or there is the event post type that is included with the theme. But this doesn’t do recurring events.

In the end if you want a full blown calendar, you can’t really beat google.

Richard
    Participant

Sorry to update this, but I am again looking for a reoccurring option. I was wondering if there was any plugin that could be used with the Event Post Type in the Xi Theme that would allow me to keep it, but also allow for repeated events? I like the existing format, but would love a simple plugin to address this. Any thoughts or direction?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I’m afraid not.

The Event Calendar is pretty good, though you have to pay for the recurring option. Formatting is kept simple so should fit with most themes.

One of the reasons for developing the post type in the theme was that too many plugins force too much ‘style’ on presentation of data instead of letting the theme do its work.

We actually have a plugin version of our post type in development, to which we hope to add repeat events at some point. This will be made available to themeloom members.

Richard
    Participant

If you are developing such a plugin, then to be honest I will wait. I so much prefer the way you have integrated and designed everything, that I have been resistant to adding something that adds overhead and distracts from the overall feel, as you have observed! I will wait with giddy anticipation and if you need any help (i.e. guinea pigs) let me know!

Richard
    Participant

Hi there,

Just wondering if you had any sense as to when you might be deploying the reoccurring feature for the Calendar that has been discussed previously?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I’m afraid it is still on the to do list.

Richard
    Participant

Okay – thanks!

Constance Boyer
    Participant

I second the request to “bump up” repeating events for the theme! It seems to be the one glaring hole in a set of really great themes for faith communities, which basically operate around a repeating set of events.

Thanks!

Robert
    Participant

Hi I was just wondering if there has been any updates to Themeloom Event Posts adding the recurring feature?

Thanks,
    Robert

themeweaver
    Keymaster

This is unlikely to be added to our event post type. There are plenty of other solutions.

Try Event Organiser if you want recurring events for free or The Events Calendar Pro.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.