Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Beginner question

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Daniel Riou

Hi, here is my website : http://www.defientreprisesquebec.com/
    Now, I can’t understand how to use the slider. If I want to use it, I only insert my pictures in ”features” posts? I did, but it doesn’t seem to work. I currently have now widget in the first header area and i have a small text widget in the second header area. I feel somewhat stupid, but I dont get how to make the slider work. Can’t wait to use your theme!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

1. Don’t put widgets in the first area – this replaces the slider.

2. Use the new “Feature” post type that appears in your dashboard menu.

3. Create some ‘features’ and make sure you have set the feture image (bottom write of the editor screen).

4. Check the option in Appearance-Theme Options for the slider.

The options page does also let you use posts rather than ‘features’, but both work the same way – you must have a feature image set (a standard WordPress function).

See http://themeloom.com/support/theme-docs/mint-user-guide/ and
    http://themeloom.com/support/framework-codex/post-pages-images-and-thumbnails/

Daniel Riou

Great, it now works, but I have a new problem. The ”homepage” widgets and setup appears on the blog page. You can check on my website : defientreprisesquebec.com
    I have set my reading settings like this :
    – Front page displays as a : -static page
    Front page: Le Défi
    Posts page: Notre blogue

But still the homepage settings appear on the blog page…

What should I do now?

Thanks again for your quick help!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Don’t use a static front page – leave as default since the theme has a built-in homepage.

Daniel Riou

Ok, but then, how can I also have a blog? In your example, your using the custom front page, and there is also another blog. How can I do this?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Which example? The theme demo uses the standard default page. All content is added using widgets. The show posts widget (which comes with our themes) is used in the theme demo to show blog posts.

Daniel Riou

Right, in the theme demo, the post page is the front page. I understand this. But then, how can you have a ”post-type” page named ”blog”?
    When I go to the blog page, it’s a blog. So it seems to me that you have 2 blog pages? How can I do that?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The blog page in the demo is created as follows:

1. create a new page
    2. select the blog template from the page template list
    3. (optional) Add a custom field named “category_name” with value of category to show.

See theme user guide for custom fields that work with the blog page template.

You can of course create as many pages as you like using the template.

So in the demo the home page is just our default theme with widgetized front page. The Blog page is just a page that uses the blog template.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.