Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Adjusting header and main content widths

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Nate Green

Hi again, themeweaver. I wanted to make the width of the left header column wider and the main content column narrower, much like what you have here on themeloom.com, so I copied the percentages for #header and #main from your site’s css: 22.05% for #header with 1.9% margins and 72.05% for #main with a 2% margin.

I like the way it looks so far, but are there other css rules I need to change to make sure everything works the way it’s supposed to? I already noticed the search bar needs to be wider and I’m sure there must be other consequences of changing those sizes?

Also, now that the main content area is narrower, does that mean the width of the widget, slider, single and gallery thumb sizes can/should be narrower as well?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

It depends where you put your changes.

The layout is in extend\layout.css and that file contains media queries that respond to different browser sizes.

So if you change the widths like this in custom css or even in a child theme, you will override the media quires that makes these areas full width on a mobile, for example.

Only solution is to test and resize your browser to make sure everything still works properly.

The themeloom theme is a child theme which has its own layout.css to overcome these issues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.