Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Add Google button under Tweet, Facebook buttons below content

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Roger Leitch 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kam onn siew
    Participant

I just came across “http://www.wprecipes.com/wordpress-hook-automatically-add-a-google-button-to-your-posts?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Wprecipes+%28WpRecipes.com%3A+Daily+recipes+to+cook+with+WordPress%29&utm_content=Google+Reader”.
    How and add the Google button to my site under the Tweet and Facebook buttons.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

That’s quite easy. I’ve used the code and made it work for our themes. Just add this to the function.php in a child theme:

function livingos_google_plusone() {<br />
    		echo '&lt;div class="plusone"&gt;&lt;g:plusone size="tall" href="'.get_permalink().'"&gt;&lt;/g:plusone&gt;&lt;/div&gt;';<br />
    	}<br />
    add_action('livingos_share_btns','livingos_google_plusone');<br />
    <br />
    add_action ('wp_enqueue_scripts','livingos_google_plusone_script');<br />
    function livingos_google_plusone_script() {<br />
    	wp_enqueue_script('google-plusone', 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js', array(), null);<br />
    }<br />

So easy in fact I think we may add this to the theme’s core code. Of course we made this function so that you could add any buttons you like, provided you have the code.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

kam onn siew
    Participant

“Heroic Support” indeed !

themeweaver
    Keymaster

🙂

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Please to see this feature has been added to the theme.

Just a question about layout.

How feasible is it to have it as an option that these are arranged in a row instead of above each other?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Actually the latest versions of our themes have them in a row. Download and clear your browser cache.

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Great – looks neater IMHO.

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.